Terms & Conditions
General terms :
- This quote does not include rubbish removal (unless stated) although we can provide this, but at an additional cost.
- This quote does not include any cost incurred by Guernsey electricity – If required.
- All switch and socket plates to be finished in white plastic unless stated otherwise.
- Any ductwork to be carried by others unless stated otherwise.
- No additional loading accepted until confirmation received from Guernsey Electric following load application. This may incur costs from Guernsey Electric depending on supply characteristics.
- We will provide a full set of test and inspection certificates following completion of the works.
- All work to be in accordance with BS7671.
- Any works found to be defective or non-compliant, that will require additional works will be noted and brought to your attention for consideration.
- Any underfloor heating area to be primed by others.
- Any enclosures required for meters/ exterior mains to be supplied and installed by Guernsey electricity.
- Any lighting fixtures and fittings which need to be replaced under warranty must be easily accessible if not accessible Island electrics shall not be responsible to cover costs to gaining access.
- Island electrics Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any LED dimming issues found to be related to the site or supply.
Electrical installation condition report (EICR) notes (if applicable):
As you are no doubt aware, all electrical installations deteriorate with age. Following guidelines from the British Standards, NICEIC and Guernsey Private Residential Landlords Association, we recommend no longer than 5 years between inspections for a rental property and 10 years for a domestic dwelling.
Having a regular check ensures that that installation is safe, and also protects the landlord’s own investment: if an electrical fault led to a fire, they’re looking at relocating tenants, refurbishment costs, and lost rent – the guidance recommends checking appliances too, but it’s not mandated.
An EICR will reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded, find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards, identify any defective electrical work and highlight any lack of earthing or bonding. Tests are also carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe for continued use.
We will note any observed damage, deterioration, defects, dangerous conditions and any non-compliances with the present-day safety standard.
The limitations on the inspection are the standard limitations we use, which provide a high standard of test, whilst also keeping the inspection and test as effective to the customer.
- No connections to be removed from bus bars unless necessary.
- No lamps to be removed.
- Nothing to be disconnected/ unplugged.
- No live to neutral insulation resistance readings taken.
- Insulation resistance of board taken as 1 if possible
- Only r1, r2 and rn taken on ring circuits unless suspected interconnections.
- Zs readings are taken from the assumed further point or point with the highest r2.
- Downlights not to be removed – to limit damage to décor.
- 30 % of accessories to be inspected – a higher percentage may be necessary if issues found – this may incur additional costs.
- Installation method- due to the fabric of building we will cause minimal damage.
- All accessories and fittings to be accessible to personnel for inspection.
Following inspection and testing, we will list our observations for you to consider. Should there be any further works required we will be able to cost these appropriately.
Although we will try to avoid damaging the decor, on occasion this may be unavoidable in which case any repairs are to carried out by others.
- Unless otherwise agreed between us, payment for all work, goods and services shall be due on receipt of invoice. Payment shall be deemed to have been made when the funds have cleared.
- We have the right to charge interest on any sum outstanding for more than 30 days – overdue accounts will incur 5% monthly interest.
- Upon confirmation by either email or verbal, you are in a contractual agreement with the above terms.
Please consider the environment before printing